Many of you at least once were wondering about spiritual alignment. What exactly does it mean maybe you were wondering how to become more spiritual. If so, hopefully after this article you will have a much clearer understanding of spirituality, and you will know what to do next.
Spirituality has many components, and it is not a linear journey but rather a process to reach your wholeness and truthfulness. Yes, it’s about you being truthful with yourself, being authentic, and real with yourself and everybody else. Although spirituality is more an individual process than a collective.
You cannot be more spiritual than you already are, everybody is spiritual because everybody has a spirit inside them. However, my understanding of spiritual alignment is about getting to know that part of your soul, being more aware of it and accepting that you are a spiritual creature.
- Not having the victim mindset – stop playing the victim of your past. Your past is in the past. It happened yes, but it doesn’t mean you have to drag it along with you for the rest of your life. It is your responsibility to process it, heal it, let it go, and take life lessons from it. Remember every experience is your wisdom. So, whatever happened to you, take it as a gift of wisdom from the Universe!
- Own yourself – know who you really are, don’t be ashamed of yourself! You are unique and of one kind. Own that part of yourself! You can trust and accept yourself for who you are! Deep down you know you are special. Embrace it. That will empower you! You have a God within you.
- Listen to your intuition – Connect with your higher self. Listen to that tiny whisper of your soul. You can trust it. Pay attention to your intuition. It will help you search for your life purpose. Your intuition is your guide.
- Love yourself – you deserve all the love that you need, you deserve kindness. But the best and more powerful love and kindness that you can receive is from yourself. Start treating yourself as a valuable, worthy person. Start treating yourself like you are your own best friend. You deserve it. Everybody deserves it. Be committed to yourself, your life and your journey.
- Part of spirituality is seeing people beyond their sorrows. Don’t associate people with their trauma. Trauma is not anybody’s identity. See people for who they are beyond what happened to them.
- Valuing life as a most precious gift from the Universe is another factor that you need to look into. Life is a gift, it’s a journey, it’s a process. You are here to learn something, to experience something, to enrich your soul with wisdom. Life isn’t either bad or good. Life just is. But it is up to you how you are going to experience this journey on Earth.
- Stop seeing people through the lenses of separateness. There is no separateness. Everybody is you being pushed out. You can learn something from everybody.
- Own your individualism. Stop trying to be like everybody else. Own yourself, and who you are. That is part of your uniqueness. You are you for a reason, own it.
- Always be open to learning new things. Accept the fact that you do not know everything. In fact, the more you think you know, the more you realise how actually little you do know. That’s the paradox of learning.
- Become more responsible for your actions, emotions, and thoughts. Practice radical responsibility. It will empower you rather than weaken you.
- Acceptance is the key to your growth. Accept everything as it is, including yourself. Once you accept yourself and life, you will be able to change anything. Without acceptance no change is possible.
What to do to touch your spirit?
You can take a few simple steps to connect with your spirituality and experience alignment. These are as follows:
- Practice Mindfulness
- Spend time in nature
- Do some art
- Listen to a Music
However, there are also some emotions that will help you reach your spiritual alignment much quicker. Practise them every day and after a few days you will already see a mood change, and you will feel more empowered.
- Kindness and goodness
- Hope and faith
It is very important to remember that spirituality is about being, it is a state, not a feeling. Practicing the above emotions will help you connect with your spirituality but your goal should be for those emotions to become your state of being.
With lots of love,