My last article was all about motherhood’s challenges. All mothers know what they are struggling with, and that motherhood is and always will be a challenging task but that is not enough. It is not enough to know what you are struggling with, but you also need to know what and how can you change it.
If you are not happy, the way your life looks like now. If you feel that you have lost your identity, your personality, charisma, and connection with yourself and you no longer know either your purpose or what you want it’s time to reflect back and see what you can change about it.
You deserve to feel happy, fulfilled, and at peace. You deserve to feel that you are in charge of your life. Moreover, you deserve to know where you are going. You deserve to know you are worthy! And you deserve to feel that you are good enough! You deserve to feel confident and to have healthy self-esteem. You deserve to make the most out of life! Yes, you deserve it all!
When you are a confident mother, you are:
- Assertive in expressing your needs and opinions.
- Trusting yourself.
- Able to form secure and honest relationships — and less likely to stay in unhealthy ones.
- Realistic in your expectations and less likely to be overcritical of yourself and others.
- More resilient and better able to weather stress and setbacks.
- Kinder and more compassionate with yourself.
- You respect yourself.
- Able to set up healthy boundaries.
- You know who you are. Your self-concept is healthy.
- You feel empowered. Nothing seems impossible.
- Enjoying time for yourself without feeling guilty.
- Allow yourself to prioritise yourself. Or find a healthy balance between yourself and your children.
- Worrying less.
Moreover, self-esteem affects virtually every aspect of your life. Maintaining a healthy, realistic view of yourself will empower you. You need to start learning to like and respect yourself — and that includes your flaws and limitations.
During my two-day workshop for mothers, I and my colleague from Horizon Mental Health Clinic will be teaching you how to build yourself, and your confidence as a woman but also as a mother. We will help you re-connect with yourself. For more information you clink in the link below:
With Love, Always